1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Five seperate FBI field offices investigating Clinton Foundation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

KravMaga? Never learned it. I just carry a Gaboon Viper in a quick draw holster.

Risk what. Your BBS Rep? aaaaand that is important why?

And what the hell is with the ^? Kind of redundant, don't you think?

2. Nook

Nook Member

No.

All of this has already been discussed in great deal.

There is absolutely no evidence that Hillary has put the interest of the USA up for sale. If there was, she would already be indicted. The leaked e-mails have failed to provide a smoking gun at all. Again, the narrative is that if you repeat it enough it must be true; but there is nothing known at this time to substantiate that claim.

As for the Clinton Foundation, it receives very high reviews for the amount of money and efficiency it has at getting money and resources to worthy charitable and at risk groups. It gives a voice to groups and issues that are otherwise overlooked. The Clinton Foundation has raised and distributed an incredible amount of money to worthy causes.

As far as "personal gain", she and her husband have a tremendous amount of wealthy from giving speeches. Similar to President Bush and President Reagan. It isn't unusual and not unique to Bill or Hillary Clinton. So, again there isn't much here.

You want to criticize her for using a private server? That is fair, I would point out that Obama has used a public (non government) e-mail, Colin Powell and other top politicians. What I find concerning about Hillary Clinton is that she did not accept responsibility at first, although to her credit she does now. It makes me question her judgment when compared to Bill Clinton, Bush Sr. and Obama. Still, her judgment is clearly better than that exercised by Donald Trump.

We don't need to get into the horrible things that Donald Trump has said and done, and the poor judgment he has consistently exercised.... Not to mention his complete lack of knowledge or substance on the issues that matter.

So; no... I don't have it backwards.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Ahh yes, another common argument by Trump supports.

Let's take the completely unlikely and illogical possibility and use it as proof that the mountain of evidence should not be considered. You all do it so often that you are oblivious about how you sound.

So now the assertion is that all the living Presidents got together and conspired to manipulate the US into not electing Trump for their own financial gain. This is the "truth" asserted.

On the other hand, we have the assertion that all the living Presidents (regardless of political party) have reached an agreement that they will not vote for Trump.... because he is incompetent.

So I ask you....... which is more likely? Yes.... admit it, you sound stupid.

It is the same backwards and broken logic that is used by people supporting the building of a "wall" and believe that the election will be rigged once Trump inevitably beaten.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's the reason behind why you wanted to make gross political corruption seem innocent. If I framed the argument around Clinton being paid to support human trafficking, you'd probably object to that as well.

5. Dei

Dei Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump

Wow. Go FBI.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You have no idea what I think. It doesn't concern me even a little bit because President Tim Kaine sounds far superior to clown show Trump and his white supremacist posse. Clinton is reaping what she's sewn and that's also just fine with me but you keep on talking about what I seem to think. Of course what you say is true if you just believe it's true so yeah there's that old bugaboo.

Then there's the fact that Republicans never saw anything they didn't want to investigate and there's always very little, as in next to nothing, to show for their efforts. The Republican Party has become the do nothing, know nothing party. So I'll wait for the indictments, I'm sure they're coming any day now.

#106 CometsWin, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. Cranberry_Juice

Can't people hate Hilary without being associated with Trump?

Have you ever stopped to think why the DNC and RNC hated Bernie and Trump so much? The presidents are banding together because they are all part of the corrupt system and if anyone like Trump or Bernie comes in, it upsets all the players involved.

Take the time to read 1984 and ask yourself if this world we live in seems eerily familiar, or you can be a sheep and spout your "witty" TRUMP insults. It's not "stupid" to be skeptical of your government and to criticize when it is necessary.

I get it Nook, you are scared. You are an intellectual midget and can't think for yourself. You are a sheep and sheep need to be herded. Sheep don't care where they are led to just as long as they are with like minded Sheep.

Baaa

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its a deflection of their short sighted views. On both sides of the spectrum, people line up and make it a 'us vs them' mentality. If you're not for us, you're against us. They line up on their sidelines, act like good little partisan cheerleaders and make everything a black and white issue. Republicans have been very bad about this for years and now liberals are starting to do the same.

My circle is predominately right leaning. For the past two decades, these people have constantly passed off conspiracy theories as facts. Now I am starting to see the left leaning people do the same. Stuff like Trump burning down churches, Trump having direct servers to Russia, twisting and misconstruing words, all of this is no different than the right screaming Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi or things like the Clintons kill lists.

Now this is the part where we cue the liberals, all defending Clinton, one of the most unpopular Democrat candidates to run for president ... accusing anyone who calls out their team as "Trump apologist' or supporters.

Most of the right leaning people here have on multiple times stated they do not support Trump. The liberals on this board stoop lower and lower.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Being skeptical of your government is different than believing in a conspiracy that all of the living President's of the United States have conspired to manipulate the American people into not voting for Donald Trump for financial gain.

However, I know that is lost on you...... so you keep believing in the Birther movement, Truther Movement and whatever other bull **** is thrown into your trough by sociopathic idiots with a grade school education getting off getting ignorant buffoons such as yourself lapping it up while on all fours.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will agree that the Clintons skirt near the edge of the ethics and I've criticized them before for a variety of things . Morals is another question. I absolutely agree that they are arrogant. That comes with the territory of even wanting to be President. I can't imagine anyone without an outsized ego would want to put themselves through the ringer of a presidential election. Frankly I don't think anyone without it should be president. Confidence in oneself is a valuable asset to have in a leader. It's not the only asset but I wouldn't won't a leader who consistently doubted their own abilities.
    Given your track record and what you've posted it definitely seems like you have a very selective reading of the Clintons and for that I strongly disagree with you. You clearly view the Clintons in absolute and essentially cartoonish terms and your thundering indignation just reinforces that view. My own view of the Clintons is that they are flawed arrogant but at their core they have good intentions. Unfortunately their outsized arrogance in their ability to deliver on those intentions gets them in trouble. The caricature that you and others seem to put forward is that the Clintons are all about money and enrichment. Their history belies that. They were both very promissing law students who essentially had their pick of prestigious positions. They didn't follow that path and instead went to Arkansas where many of their peers thought their careers would die in a backwater. What is more impressive about Hillary Clinton first worked for the Childrens Defense Fund and then chose to follow Bill Clinton when he at least had ties to the state. While there Hillary Clinton worked on several family law cases (often pro bono), helped establish a legal defense fund for indigent defendents, and set up a program to get more health care for children. As we all know during Bill Clinton's time in the Whitehouse Hillary Clinton continued to work on health care and children's issues. That she wasn't successful does go to her arrogance but I wouldn't say it was immoral of her to pursue that. In the post Clinton presidency yes the Clintons have done quite well for themselves but have done a lot of good work through their foundation which has even earned very large praise from former political opponents. I can also anecdotally say that I've seen Clinton Foundation projects in action. Hillary Clinton as Senator has continued to address issues regarding equal pay and rebuilding after 911. Those are some of the why she was overwhelmingly reelected.

I'm sure you've heard all of this but would rather stick with your own version of the Clinton's as evil incarnate but for everyone else it helps to repeat this given how so much of the dialogue is driven by the cartoonish narrative.

My own view of the Clintons is very similar to my view of LBJ. He was a tremendous effective legislator but was also one who would do things that make what he Clintons look tame. Looking over his career though it was clear that he had a moral compass and for all of his corruption still fought to alleviate poverty and for civil rights. Most of the Presidents that we've considered the best have all made some very large compromises and some of that in hindsight aren't just of questionable ethics but clearly crossed the line. To borrow an example that Hillary Clinton herself brought up consider that Lincoln is quite possibly the greatest President but he still did things like suspend Habeas Corpus, continued to allow slavery in states that stayed in the Union, believed that the races should be separate, and lets not forget sent tens of thousands of Americans to their deaths. On the other hand the two most moral and most ethical presidents were Jimmy Carter and Calvin Coolidge neither of which are considered very good presidents.

Trump is worse and I take your word that you don't support him. The unfortunate truth though is that either Trump or Hillary Clinton will be president. You are fine and it's certainly admirable that you set yourself above the fray and choose not to support either of them. Essentially you've ceded your decision on which of them will lead us so I question then how much you should complain about hat happens next. I won't hold that against you though you have as much a right to complain as anyone else.

ipaman likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is a complete tangent but if you're interested in self-defense I do recommend Krav Maga but also pared with another competitive martial art like Judo, BJJ, boxing, or Taekwondo. Just make sure you find a reputable place teaching it.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

mc mark and Rox225 like this.
  13. Dei

Dei Member

Of course I'm happy about it. The Dems used their influence to stop a criminal inquiry. That's corruption. The FBI agents are only wanting to do their job. Animosity towards your boss isn't rare.

#113 Dei, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I think we all had this discussion years ago to be honest. You gave me the same advice then iirc.

15. TheresTheDagger

I agree with this sentiment in principle, but given how politicized the Justice Department has become it becomes apparent the career professionals in the FBI couldn't stand by and just let the cover up happen with such an important case that involves one of the nominees for president. I'm actually impressed with the courage it must take for these people to risk destroying their own careers and lives in order to leak this information to the public.They are putting a lot on the line for this.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Invisible Fan and mc mark like this.
  17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Oh, that's right, that's why Comey's statement regarding Hillary's email usage carried no value or relevance.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Interesting picture.

Here is another one, perhaps more appropriate:

[​IMG]

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Extend the time frame (2 months isn't very long) and I'll take that bet, and consider it a community service. I will then also bet that you won't hold up your end of the bargain.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member