1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TRUMP: 'I am a victim of one of the greatest political smear campaigns in the history of our country

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I don't think Trump or Hillary will be that bad of a president as both sides perpetuate. When tabloid scandals are the best both sides can come up against each candidate, that is not an effective way to view their leadership skills. And it doesn't speak well for the electoral populate either (as noted in this forum)

However I completely agree. Blame shifting, playing the victim, bemoaning and whining are all terrible qualities in a president. As much as I want to vote against Hillary, I simply can not vote for Trump based on these measurements, not stupid **** like him not paying taxes or woman issues.

While I was not a fan of Rubio, I think he would do a decent job. Bernie would do a good job.

Cruz ... he is a nut job. If people really want to misconstrue Trump and his nuclear weapons use, its Cruz who would nuke a nation because they were Muslim.

Major likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

trump exaggerates more than I do. The hyperbole yo. He's worse than sportscenter

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

who give him the title of the most dangerous man to run for president? You have one candidate who is a known warhawk and no doubt will start a nuclear war. If you support Killary you should be ashamed (of course you won't since you have no moral compass).

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. This stuff is standard politics. If you have dirt on your opponent you use it. Trump tried to smear Hillary by bringing up Bill's accusers. Problem is the media has been over and picked through that over and over again. This stuff on Trump is fresh. The biggest question is what took so long, why didn't Jeb Bush bring this up or Rubio or Cruz? My guess is they never took the guy seriously so never put in the effort to do it.

When it comes to Trump it's true, he really is a Whiny Little _____.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tell him I'm brown and heavily armed.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Welcome to the world of presidential candidacy. Candidates are criticized for years of lives. Clinton hase been criticized for her work as a public defender when she was in her 30's. That's the world of politics. That's why canidates have this town campaigns do background checks on themselves to find potential problems and fix them before they go public.

Trump refused to give his team permission to do that TWICE. Corey wanted him to do it and Trump said no. Manifort asked him to do it and Trump said no. That's gross incompetence.

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

obama was the chosen one by the establishment/CFR years in advance, to read the teleprompter script and keep in line. notice despite zero public support, he's still going to try and push tpp through after november. but yes he did run on the "change you can believe in" platform which fooled everyone into thinking he was a real outsider. eight yrs later now, the same anti-establishment sentiment that helped him win has now erupted like a mania on several continents. the people are mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore :D
    it's just time, and i see incumbents getting thrown out en masse in the 2018 races

9. jsingles

jsingles Member

I agree completely with RL, Trump's talk here is very dangerous. Claiming the whole world is out to get him is extremely dangerous as it gives his supporters ammo to go out there and riot, rape, steal. We may not all agree with RL but he's doing a valiant job here to out Trump and his supporters for possibly becoming dangerous individuals come their November defeat.

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Boo hoo. So sad. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

If you're going to base your entire campaign persona on being a brash, offensive, no holds barred "truth teller", then don't complain when the chickens come home to roost. You shouldn't throw stones in glass houses...err, glass skyscrapers I suppose.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The media helped create this s*** bag for people like you to consume. Now there's finally more direct evidence of just what he is and women are coming forward once he started lying about it.

Revolution? For someone who stoked the flames of racism and xenophobia to gather his following and then continued to pile on the lies because he can say anything and his Trumpanzees will agree? No, so sorry.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

it's just time, and i see incumbents getting thrown out en masse in the 2018 races[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE="pippendagimp, post: 10724280,
    it's just time, and i see incumbents getting thrown out en masse in the 2018 races[/QUOTE]

Nope, the local folk always think their guy is not the problem, the incumbent rate will remain around 85%. The big money will still buy the incumbent and he will run the bigger campaign. The GOP will run against Hillary the Devil and the Dems will run on decency and empathy, everything not Trump.

There may be some post election violence on a small scale from the right wing. Tensions and rhetoric are at levels not seen since the Vietnam era. We haven't ever seen institutionalized propaganda on this scale before. News organizations used to pride themselves on integrity now it's about addicting your viewers with whatever hooks them. But it takes real oppression to bring about larger scales of violence and contrary to the popular opinion there isn't really much oppression out there in the US.

Gridlock will be the same for 4 more years if only the Senate flips.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am surprised his Republican opponents didn't use this earlier. Howard Stern is pretty popular and Trump has been on there a lot.

14. TheresTheDagger

Derp.

15. Space Ghost

Quit being stupid. Nobody is going out on the night of Nov. 8th to "riot, rape and steal", unless some cop shoot a black guy and it becomes headline news. The 6 months leading up to election night on Nov 8th will be legendary. The night of 11/8 will be no more interesting than any other Tuesday night.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Oh sure nothing on the 8th, but I hear some good ole boys had something planned for the 9th until the feds stepped in.

Wouldn't want to affect the results, dontchaknow

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're nuts

18. Space Ghost

Is this like the hypothetical belief that every racist was going to be lined up to assassinate Obama on Nov 8 simply because of his skin color? How did that turn out?

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I wish it was hypothetical

20. Space Ghost