1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore Taking shots at the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 12, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's taking shots at the city of Houston, not the Rockets.

Title is inaccurate.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He said "not so cool city on a bad team"

Not sure if Houston is cool, but the rockets are definitely bad

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight Howard?

He's done some tremendous things throughout his career. Last few teams, a lot of people question his love for the game. He was never in a position where it was his team. Him coming here, we're all looking towards him taking us there and follow his lead. He's been there. He's been in the Finals. He's played with all these great players. We're looking to learning a lot from him. He's back here at home. He has a great team around him. Front office & coaching staff are excited. Anytime you get someone as dominant as him, you give yourself a chance. I'm elated. I'm so ready to get the season started.

What made you stay in Atlanta (for less)?

Balance. One thing I've learned that's super important in life is balance. You can make a ton of money in a not so cool city on a bad team and be miserable. I took it upon myself to find that balance. I've been here two years. I've started to plant my roots here. I want to continue to build on that. I want to grow as a person & player. Only way you do that is by being comfortable. When I walk outside in the morning and smell that Atlanta air, it puts a calming in my mind and I'm able to tackle the day.

Schroder & Jack?

I played with Jarrett back in Golden State. For me, I know the kind of guy he is. Very vocal, great leader, great in the locker room & someone Dennis can learn a lot from. Dennis is a special player. Fight he brings every night. Defensively, one of the best guards in the league. That's someone you want to shape your franchise around. He's young. We're always trying to move in the right direction. Going with Dennis is a great move by the Hawks. Looking forward to watching him pick up PGs full court.

How do you see Dwight helping your game evolve?

Look at some of the best 2 guards in my era, Kobe & Dwyane Wade, they played with Shaq. When you have a dominant presence down there and as a 2 guard you can get by anyone in front of you, it shrinks the floor. Got him at the rim, shooters all over the place. I can go on and on the way I'll use him to an advantage. You can see a huge spike in your assists just off having him on the floor, being able to throw the ball to the rim.

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

(1) Definitely bad? At worst we're average.

(2) Since he's comparing everything to Atlanta, he's probably not talking about Houston because the post-horford Hawks are worse.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

Kent who? BOZO?

Who IS that guy?

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The only thing I see is that he likes Atlanta. I don't think he means any city specifically in his quote, just the idea that Atlanta was home. You guys read too much into things.

Anyways Atlanta has nothing on Houston unless you're from Atlanta.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So Atlanta is better than Houston, LMAO

8. Jah1

Jah1 Member

Fans Over At TDS Thinks S. Dekker Is Better Than K.J. McDaniels...Let's Discuss!

Some Author put out an article today beating up on K.J. and curiously missing from their rant is the criticism of Sam Dekker' production because if K.J. not dominating like they think he should, his numbers across the board looks far superior to S.Dekker.

I read articles from TDS time-to-time, and I notice that part of the Rockets fanbase is a bit on the fringe in who they think should be playing here. For example, if they can have their way, they would rather this Starting 5 for example:

Timofey Mozgoz - C
    R. Anderson - P.F.
    Alessandro Gentile - S.F.
    J. Harden - S.G.
    Sergio Llul - P.G.

With DMO and Dekker first options off the bench. That sort of mindset. And since K.J. will be slotted for minutes this season under D'Antoni at the both the 2 and 3, they think a one-way average player like Dekker should command K.J.' minutes.

I totally disagree!

Dekker will be an injury-waiting-to-happening just like Parsons turned out. Just like DMO turned out while K.J. have a better chance of playing 82 games a season, year after year. Furthermore, he's a two-way player going into his 3rd year and if there's any doubt about how the coaching staffs feels about K.J., check this out from Roy Rodgers and Mike D'Antoni himself:

Roy Rodgers;

"For K.J., for his growth, for his maturity, he needs to be on the court as much as possible. Obviously, he's shown me that he's a big-time athlete, that he's capable of defending one, two or three, get into those guys and make it very hard to get into their offense."

This is what Mike D'Antoni told McDaniels....(relayed by R.Rodgers):

"When that ball is swung to you, I want you to shoot it. I want you to have confidence in yourself and knock that shot down,'  " Rogers said. "This is the time, we're going to put him in situations where he has to catch it and shoot it. In the regular season, when James (Harden) draws two to the ball and he swings it, he has to be able to catch it and knock that shot down."

Given that this is coming from the coaching staffs, it looks like a sure bet that K.J. is IN and Dekker is OUT. And knowing D'Antoni' style since Im a fan of his coaching, and how he sees talents, I can tell you S.Dekker does not fit the profile D'Antoni likes. S. Dekker fits what Morey likes, not D'Atoni.

K.J. is D'Antoni types. Lemore is D'Antoni' type. Capela and Nene is D'Antoni' type. it's athelics types while Morey likes the sturdy types with no athelicism.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so hotlanta is a cool city. does not compute.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don't blame him. Atlanta while sharing its roots like Houston as a city of the South, also has a particular quality where it's entirely ok to be black and have money and have your own culture while not getting called out by poor black people for betraying your race. If I was black, I would want to live in Atlanta or Houston, because we do it pretty well too. Race relations are among the best in the country in Houston, but for us it's all races not just black vs white. Pretty much if I was a black person, though, I would rank it 1. Atlanta, 2. Houston....Last: Dallas.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

How can KJ be Pringles' type? He can't hit the broad side of a barn!

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's what you get when you send hall of famers to try to recruit average role players. smh

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The Houston area would be a lot better if someone would invest in Galveston

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least we're talking about America

America rules

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sea level rise thinks that's a good idea.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But the city of Houston and the Rockets should be synonymous

at least during the Olajuwon Era, where the Rockets and the city of Houston were one, we called that Clutch City

The greatest era in Rockets History

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Kent u better have good entourage

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

houston would be a lot better if...

literally endless reasons.

sadly we re-elect bozos into office time and time again, stagnating our city.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Good players don't say **** like that, he is just enjoying his 15 minutes because this free agent class was whack

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Is he really talking about the Rockets? Because IIRC the Rox offered him the same amount so I dunno how it could be more. Also he said it was "real close" between Houston and Atlanta so why would he now be throwing shade? I think another team also offered him 72M (lakers or nets) he'd be miserable since they have a bad team but then again LA or NYC are way better than Atlanta. Maybe he's just paying lip service or he really likes the culture of the Atlanta Hawks now. Which would't surprise me their team looks like a beast.