1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Ty Lawson talking contract buyout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 26, 2016.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Off topic but I can't' remember a time recently where Chuck ever mentions Scottie Pippen. The beef still going on?

2. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

I remember they did a foot locker commercial together with harden about having a short memory

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly so why do a buyout and give up an asset that we might need in the playoffs?

Purely a $$$ saving move - let's try to win NOW.

DD

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who the hell is this "Scottie Pippen" that people keep talking about? Never heard of him.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So why did they not trade him?

6. rocketsmetalspd

Because he had the right to refuse the trade and now with a buyout he can sign with a team that he wants to play for.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watch the Clippers pick him up

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I tend to think you're right, but they could be trying to clean up the locker room too.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't think he's going anywhere.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ty Lawson: “I like the city, I like my fans. I like my teammates. It’s a good fit. I want to be here.”</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703639971052150784">February 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ty Lawson said he wants to finish season with the Rockets. As we reported yesterday, there were talks, but buyout extremely unlikely.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703629623150538752">February 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Asian Sensation

Please be true.

He doesn't seem like the kind to create any locker room problems or disrupt what little chemistry we may have.

He's pretty much invisible it seems both on and off the court. Probably better that way until we actually need him which we will in the playoffs.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Well if he wants to be here his performance on the court needs to improve. He at least should be scoring 10 puts a game coming off the bench and running the offense when James needs a rest.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rocket's Ty Lawson wants to remain in Houston <a href="https://t.co/HHYGcQXOzy">https://t.co/HHYGcQXOzy</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron">@houstonchron</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703650791454674944">February 27, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pippin wasn't hated for his competitive drive. He was hated because he was full of crap. He came here, did less for the team than fat lazy Chuck, yet still threw his teammates under the bus when it was his play that was lacking.

Add to that, after he left he claimed that he was the best guy on the Rockets and the only one who could really carry the team.

That was when he was on the team with Hakeem Olajuwon. The hatred toward Pippen had nothing to do with a competitive attitude.

1 person likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Come on man, as one of the 99ers here, it's my duty to fix your rockets history.
    Look at Clutch's tone here, usually Clutch is peaceful like the Buddha

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=27

#174 tinman, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  15. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JB rotations stink and hurt TY.... Ty is usually on the court with TJONES..BREWER...CAPELA...AND ARIZA or TERRY. thats just awful....Tjones = blackhole , Capela = Fumbles , Brewer = Slip and Slide ...

TY works great when on court with combo of Dwight, Harrell, Ariza and Bev./ Terry

He needs someone who can hit the corner 3....he needs big men who can catch his passes inside and finish.... that opens up his midrange and drives

He also would do better if JB would play him more than 4 minutes at a time

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

When is the last time you do not need to pay somebody to come to your house to pick up your garbage?

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Translation : shlt, I can't even find any team willing to take me after the buyout.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Defend Barkley and hate Pippen all you want. Who was the one who ended up trashing this organization and all the cities he played for over and over again on national tv?

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I feel bad for ty

He was expecting a big 3 type thing but was given Brewer/thorton/jones/Capella

We give him those players and expect him to still not drink

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude,

You weren't a Rockets fan at that time, you should listen to those who were.

Barkley criticizing the organization on TV is not worse

than paying a player the max salary to be your best player, then he forcing a trade after one year causing his trade value to be low and getting basically crap in return after getting owned in the first round of the playoffs

if you truly believe that Barkley was a worse Rocket than Pippen, then I cannot call you a Rockets fan.