1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a true Rockets, nah HOUSTON fan... it's my right to hate Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstunna, Dec 8, 2015.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If there's a fanbase that will allow their 'superstar' to walk through games in a noncaring fashion, with a crappy attitude and be a detriment to their team play - they can have him! Yer right - maybe the Lakers.... Harden is playing on par with the Kobe of the last couple years...

2. tdo

tdo Member

My god I am in a sea of stupid here. I just gave you a sample size of 3 freaking seasons, and you come back to the same damn thing.

You're right man. I hope you never have a down month at your job.

3. chandlerbang21

You are one of the most blinded kind of fan, worrief about previous seasons instead of now lol. Let's see this season his three-point shot is broken and he continues to take them, he looks for a foul before looking for a layup, even his free throw shooting has decreased. Look at the true elite players in the league like curry lebron and kd and you mean to tell me I can mention Harden in the same breath as them this season? Lol

Look at Kawhi Leonard in San Antonio. Offensively and defensively he's better than James Harden. But guess what he's not marketable so he will never be considered a superstar to most. Don't be a homer

4. chandlerbang21

No one cares about previous seasons kid what don't you understand? Why is that so difficult? You're like a Laker fan who says Kobe is still a baller because of what he did 5 years ago open you damn eyes lol

It seems like everyone that's not a rocket fan can see the truth yet you are blinded because he is on your team. He has been horrible especially on defense and he is no better then a six man. The true measure of a superstar is consistency but the excuse used here is Harden is always in a shooting slump. Thats BS

5. tdo

tdo Member

Again, I give up. You're the most intelligent wonderful insightful poster on this board. If only every poster here aspired to share the wisdom you share in your magnificent glorious post, this community would be all the better. I myself will strive to be more like you by looking at the smallest of samples, draw large conclusions, and spout idiocy on a message board. You are my hero. You are my deity.

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

houston fans - smh.

can't wait till Harden and Dwight leaves and we fodder with trying to get into the 8th playoff spot for decades to come. Cause once they leave - ain't no superstar ever coming here.

1 person likes this.
  7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Same same-- no superstar wants to come here ... because of Harden and Howard.

So-called superstars are indeed held to a higher standard.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Call it heel turn for some, but not me. Harden showed his leadership was highly suspect from day 1.

It's really simple, and always remember this...... if your team's best player doesn't give effort, he's not a leader. PERIOD.
    Why? Because 99.9% of the time, team's take on the mentality of its best player. "If he don't look, they won't look good".

LMAO.... says the guy who ONLY posts in the Rockets forum.

Have your Astro and Texans privileges been revoked? Where you be at, Sammy?

You're better off NOT reading the OP. All that knowledge might make you wanna off yourself every time you see my name.

You could never be more Houston than me.

#48 Houstunna, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

it gets brought up frequently because it happens a little too often. You have a guy holding himself to mvp standards, openly admitting he wanted to be mvp and thought so and considers himself the best player in the world. Has his play supported this unquestionably? I'd say no. If this guy truly wants to be considered in the elite mvp caliber status, you just have to flat out get better each season and add dimensions to your game. Thus far this season, it seems as if he came in comfortable with where he finished as a player last season. Whether he wasn't able to work on his game over the summer due to injuries, personal life, whatever the case is, he is trying to play the exact same way as last season but worse on both ends this year. Well the league has adjusted to him this year and, he's having a huge problem with that.

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I think Harden needs a season ending injury to change his mindset.

He needs that kind of perspective on how fragile and important an NBA career is.

Look at Curry and PG13. Both were beset with serious injuries and now look at where they are. Seize the moments that are given to you, don't take them for granted. This is something Harden WILL NEVER clue in to, unless the game is taken from him (i.e., injury).

11. ibm

ibm Member

as bad as your post sounds, it actually has a point.

something that will humble him in life...

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

How about Addidas shredding that contract. That would get his attention.

13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Its bad enough to wish injury on an opposing player, but to wish it on one of our own?

What the heck is wrong with you? :confused::confused::confused:

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

James Harden is the current Rockets team and brand. While he deserves all the criticism he gets, just like you don't get to pick your parents you really don't get to pick your superstar. Sorry kids... Lebron James wasn't available. You got James Harden.

Only thing you can do is root for him to get better and become a better leader or stop with the Rockets all together. Don't come around here during playoff time and start singing his praises when he hits a game winner.

The Rockets took on flawed superstars not because there was a choice in the matter. They took on flawed superstars because it was either that or (in NBA terms )... Nothing. Take what you can get Houston. You don't get to choose these things.

1 person likes this.
  15. tdo

tdo Member

I don't disagree that he has not played great this season. In fact, I came into this thread to agree with people that he needs to be better. I will not deny that for one second. I'm not going to say I hate him or his game, because he has been one of my favorite players for the last 3 years, and I don't turn that quick.

All I did was respond to an ill-informed claim that he was not elite offensively. If we are solely talking about this season, then yes, he has not been in the top 5 offensive players this year. There is still way more evidence that he will get back to being an elite offensive player... Like years and years of him consistently getting better. I mean he won a Western Conference POTW award beating out the god Steph Curry. He has had really good games. He just hasn't had the consistency needed out of him.

I don't think the league has adjusted to him. I think he is missing extremely make-able shots, and playing with little energy. What is causing this? I have no clue. Did he all of the sudden become the biggest d-bag, and decide to not care about winning after being in the playoffs every season he has been in the league? It's possible, although I don't believe it to be.

My point is this, since this guy has came here, he has made basketball in Houston relevant again. He is by far the best player we have had (that can stay healthy) since Hakeem. We are only going to go as far as he can take us. Calling for his head every other game is not going to do anything. He is going to be here until he either no longer wants to be, or shows for longer than 22 games, that he is not really the player he was his entire career, up until this season.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

But I want Stephen Curry! Somebody get me Stephen Curry! I demand Stephen Curry!

17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

If he comes out of the injury hungry and in championship mode, then hell yeah.

Do you want Harden to meander through the rest of his NBA career as a lazy bum (because he takes everything for granted)

or

Do you want Harden to suffer some kind of extreme hardship, come out of it, and resurface as the greatest player of all time?

18. StraightG

StraightG Member

Might as well give up. These crap fans have ruined a once great fan board.

1 person likes this.
  19. syn

syn Member

Harden has been my favorite player in the league since coming to Houston...
    I've defended him numerous times and I've seen almost every one of his games since he came here.

But this season, we are all seeing the same thing.

He doesn't seem to have the drive to be great like Hakeem, MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Curry, etc.

He doesn't have that killer mentality.

He's not playing with any inner fire. There's no desperation to win.

What a shame, and what a waste.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

the league has definitely adjusted. you don't play this badly for this long if you're an already established elite talent in the league. That's how you can tell the difference between truly unstoppable players in the league.